Re: Denis Wick Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on February 12, 1999 at 10:34:34:

In Reply to: Denis Wick Mouthpiece posted by A.Corbett on February 10, 1999 at 20:16:09:

Like every one else on this BBS, my first bit of advise is to try every mpc. that you can possibly get your hands on and choose the one that works best for you with your horn. Try to look for a mpc. that "doesn't get in your way". Basically that is a mpc. that will allow you to do everything you need to do on the horn without worrying about how it feels or responds so that you can concentrate on using your ears and your mind to produce the you want. You will immediately be able to sort out the ones that "just won't work". The others may take awhile to get to know (talk to Charlie at the Brasswind about their mpc trial policy).

That being said, I currently use a Wick 1L with my MW2155 and wouldn't trade it for the world. I highly recommend trying this mpc. Others you would be well advised to look into include (but are not limited to) Doug Elliott, Perantucci, Dillon, Schilke, Canadian Brass, Houser and R&S mouthpieces.

Follow Ups: