Re: The Late Arnold Jacobs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on February 12, 1999 at 20:21:29:

In Reply to: The Late Arnold Jacobs posted by James on February 10, 1999 at 21:23:23:

There are no Jacobs videos available now but that is not saying there will be some in the future. The Jacobs family is the one to put a final OK on any project and at this time they are going through the usual legalities after the death of a family member. Projects that have been mentioned include a CD and a book by Dallas Jacobs. As of this time nothing has been started.

As far as some of the equipment Mr Jacobs used, both York tubas were sold to the CSO a few years ago. At the time of his death, he only owned two horns, a Marzan euphonium and Miraphone 185, both Dave Fedderly has for sale.

The studio has been taken over by Wil Scarlett who has just retired from the trumpet section of the CSO. It seems the architects across the hall wanted it but Wil convinced building management that it was a wind players shrine and the tradition should continue. They bought it! The walls have a fresh coat of paint and Wil is putting up photos of Mr Jacobs throughout the studio. While most equipment was brought to the Jacobs house, there will be enough still there to make it recognizable.

I have a webpage that has links to websites about Mr Jacobs including masterclass notes. The address is: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/WindSong_Press
I recently added transcripts of speeches given at the December "Tribute to Arnold Jacobs" at Orchestra Hall.

Finally, the Jacobs family has received tons of messages from all over the world. I have seen many and they are outstanding. For all of those who sent messages, Gizzy would like to personally answer them but may not because of the shear volume. Thank you for these messages.

Brian

Follow Ups: