Re: R & S Mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger Lewis on February 24, 1999 at 23:14:54:

In Reply to: R & S Mouthpiece posted by Chuck on February 24, 1999 at 17:44:07:

Okay, I'm a bit biased on the R&S mouthpieces, but as to my evaluation of the standard weight and the heavyweight models... When we play tested them at the machine shop we sampled the 1st generation, contoured heavywall mouthpieces against the originals. The was a significant improvement with just that addition. I wanted to see what it would be like with even more weight toward the bottom of the cup. So we went out to the machine that was going to run the final design and they had several boxes of unfinished mouthpieces there waiting for final approval on the outside design before running the whole batch. I took one of each model back to the conference room and played only two (2) notes - the difference was astounding to me as a player and very obvious to Sue who was "listening" for me.
Take a gamble - the Brasswind allows a 2 week trial on all mouthpieces. Order one, give it a try and it might give you what you are looking for. If not you can return it for a full refund. Personally, I wouldn't use anything else on my Yorkbrunner.

Roger Lewis

Follow Ups: