Re: tuckertuba(AT)msn.com

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by long-term solution on February 06, 2001 at 10:05:30:

In Reply to: tuckertuba(AT)msn.com posted by Dave on February 06, 2001 at 07:56:11:

You need to do some research on the HS virus, which causes cold sores. Here are some things that I have found out:

You must avoid certain foods, because the virus just loves them....and uses them to replicate itself. ALL colas, because they contain phosphoric acid, will either cause or make cold sores worse. Stop drinking cola immediately!! Also chocolate, for much the same reason. Anything that contains added phosphorus should be avoided (start reading labels.) Also, even though you are taking lysine, you may still not be balancing the arginine that you ingest. Foods high in arginine are peanuts, corn, some others....and quite a few "athletic" supplements. There won't be arginine on the label, but it is often in there. (Because the formulas are "secret") So if you're taking something to make your muscles bigger, or to give you more energy, or to lose weight, that could be causing your problem.

As a final thing, which is much more long term, use a search engine to look up Matol on the web. It's quite an interesting substance, and I've starting taking it myself recently, partly for cold sore problems that I still (occasionally) have. The guy who "invented" it is an MD, and he has some pretty spectacular healing results from it.

I'll not blather and dither any more. Good luck with your audition, and take my nutritional advice seriously. You'll see some results if you back off the phosphorus- and arginine-containing foods. You also might get the oral version of acyclovir from your doctor, because in large doses it can make a cold sore go away faster. I've never tried the topical kind.

Follow Ups: