Re: tuckertuba(AT)msn.com

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by for what it is worth... on February 06, 2001 at 16:39:39:

In Reply to: tuckertuba(AT)msn.com posted by Dave on February 06, 2001 at 07:56:11:

There is a well known, highly respected tuba player that I study with in my hometown that for now I will simply refer to as "Leroy." Leroy from time to time has problems with sores on his embouchure region. After a bit of research in this sort of thing, Leroy has found out that he suffers from 3 different types of sores all of which having different stimuli. Leroy believes in more holistic medicines for this sort of thing, but he has varying success with them, at best. However, I have seen Leroy, a well respected tuba player who is known by everyone who follows this post, use A TOUCH Anbasol to numb the sore on days of EXTREMELY IMPORTANT auditions and concerts. Neither he nor I would recommend doing this during pactice times leading up to the event as you should let it heal naturally as much as possible. Of course, there are three advisories that you need to pay attention to when or if you do this:

1)Use only a touch of Anbasol. You can easily numb your whole embouchure with it if you aren't careful.

2)Don't push it. You can strain your muscles while "under the influence."

3)Don't do this regularly. Untreated/Mistreated mouth sores will cause scare tissue very quickly.

I hope that you weigh your options wisely, and I hope that you win your audition.

Sincerely,
Betty Crocker

Follow Ups: