Re: Re: Re: Re: Gregson performance invite & a question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 14, 2001 at 21:07:30:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Gregson performance invite & a question posted by Jay Bertolet on February 14, 2001 at 14:27:33:

c'mon guys. My old B&S F tuba is just as big as a Miraphone 186...just not as l-o-n-g.

I hope to have a couple o' dern nice CC's in a few months - maybe sooner - and maybe better than "dern nice".

I'm too lazy to play the Gregson on a CC tuba. (I'm kinda thinkin' that everyone's expecting me to hit all of the right notes in and above the staff, too :^) I've my recently-departed friend's, Jack Parrish's, Mira-188 to sell, but I won't be blowing the Gregson through it. I'm pushing the tempi pretty hard and the F makes that easier, anyway. Oh, you'll see the 188 on ebay this Thursday night. This 188 (Jack bought "like new" / used from Roger Rocco) is what prompted me to sell my OWN 188 years ago and buy a Rudy...Jack's (this) 188 played better than mine! btw, If one of you wants this 188, bid strong on it. I told Mrs. Parrish that I would do the best that I could for her.

I wouldn't mind playing the Gregson on an Eb (John Fletcher did, obviously.), but I kinda like the way the G jumps out of the F tuba, and my horn's low D is easy and round. (Whose crummy F's have you been trying out, anyway?) ;^)

Seriously...Yeah, break this piece out if you have a band / solo opportunity. The Gregson appeals to the band members from the very first read-through. (This is important, if you expect them to practice their parts a little bit and sound good for you at the concert.)

Follow Ups: