Re: Re: Re: opinions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on February 02, 2002 at 18:27:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: opinions posted by Daryl Hickman on February 02, 2002 at 17:15:45:

Mr. Hickman, I agree with you. I have 2 broken horns myself that would be questionable to the outsider looking in. My friend is a band director, I gave him a sousaphone for two really beat up horns that I might or might not ever fix. The point was that his school had budgeted money for buying new horns and not fixing these old ones. And, as a tuba player, I also know that he had no use for Eb tubas, and needed the sousaphone that I didn't, so it worked out great for him, and I have a bigger junk pile. In my first post however, I was addressing what I thought the question was. It (the erased serial number)looks pretty strange to me, but the person selling it may have a good(and possibly true)story. I hope that whomever ends up owning this horn is comfortable that it is not stolen. I respect each persons comfort level on this account, and honestly feel that as we are all artists trying to create something beautiful, we know that nothing beautiful would come out of a questionable horn. It sounds like I'm about to take a religious stance, which I'm not, I just really feel good about the sense of community that boards like this give us, and I hope we use this forum to look out for each other. Peace. ASG

Follow Ups: