Re: Re: Tempi for orch. exc. for tapes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by If you can't say something nice... on February 08, 2002 at 09:18:15:

In Reply to: Re: Tempi for orch. exc. for tapes posted by Choo Sumore on February 08, 2002 at 01:59:45:

The person who was inquiring about 'tempi for orchestral excerpts for tapes' was trying to use this board for it's intended purpose, to gather knowledge from other musicians in the tuba/euphonium field. It does not matter if the person is a beginner, high school student, college student, professional orchestral/band tubist, soloist, etc. We should not make other people feel less of a tubist/musician just because they ask questions that other people know the answers to. I have met some of the tubist in major symphony orchestras and universities: Gene Pokorny, Tucker Jolly, Skip Gray, Warren Deck, Michael Sanders, David Fedderly, R. Winston Morris. I can honestly say that no matter what question was asked, they would have never, EVER replied in such a manner. My point is that we should all be trying to help each other. To the person who started this post, study the scores, listen to multiple recordings, practice for perfection , go to concerts, and take private lessons with several different people. The openings for tubists who wish to perform as a career do not come along to often. Go for it man.

For anyone who wishes to talk to me privately, you can reply to this post and leave your email address and I will be happy to converse with you.

Kindest regards and best wishes to you all

Follow Ups: