Re: Re: Re: Re: purchase price + upkeep

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by on the other hand... on February 11, 2003 at 17:17:30:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: purchase price + upkeep posted by Rick Denney on February 11, 2003 at 15:55:22:

I'm occasionally quite a bit of a nut (surprise, surprise). I have owned a '78 Ford pick-up for many years. The top-grade engine rebuild now has 50,000 miles on it, and awhile back I had "air" put on this truck. Just recently, I pumped $4000 into some body work, a new classy paint job, upholstery, and other minor needed repairs... The truck "fits me" like a glove, and since it scares to death everyone else in the family to drive it (It drives like a 'truck'.), the cab area stays nice and tidy...

...I also just spent $40 to re-re-re-do my "certifiably antique" black Florsheim Imperial wingtips...

...and did some very extensive work to refurbish my personal tuba (another one of those "glove" fits) that I would have charged someone else (if I were even willing to do it) about the price of a tuba to do.

Joe "who admittedly had a $1000 head-start on the truck overhaul, because someone backed into my truck AT the repair shop." S.

Follow Ups: