Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuning a compensating Eb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on February 01, 2004 at 14:14:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Tuning a compensating Eb posted by LV on February 01, 2004 at 12:23:21:

Hey LV,

I have a question for you. I have read your posts in the past and it sound like you had once played a Willson Eb but now play a Yamaha compensating Eb. My question for you is how hard was it to switch from the 5v front action to the 3+1 top action. The reason I am asking is because the brass band I play in is looking into buying matching instruments. They are going through the process of buying cornets now and I think Tenor horns next but eventually they might get around fo buying new tubas and I think they are going to go with Besson. I might have to switch horns eventually.

I am not planning to sell the willson but I might be asked not to use it in the band if they make such a big expense toward matching horns. I know the fingerings are a little different down low as well. Did you notice any advantages as far as the valve lay out of one style over the other? Also I am looking to find a sub for myself for the band. We have enough tubas but they want people to find a sub in the event they have to miss a performance.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

Follow Ups: