Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Besson CC at Army Conference?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 06, 2004 at 18:27:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Besson CC at Army Conference? posted by hey Jay on February 06, 2004 at 16:49:08:

The only explanation I can offer is based on second hand info and pure hearsay. My sources tell me that they had more problems than anticipated setting up that new factory that produces the horns. This problem was further exacerbated by the financial problems and the eventual buyout by The Music Group. But, as I said, none of this can be confirmed by me personally so I can only say this is rumor.

Since this thread started, I received an email from a well recognized retailer who told me of problems he's had with this horn. So my sources are now not completely in agreement in the facts. In any event, the horns I've played are nice and I'll definitely consider them when advising students who're looking for a good 4/4 CC tuba. Knowing that at least one good one was produced tells me that it is at least possible others could follow. Like I said before, we shall see. As with any horn, I will approach with caution and advise my students to do the same.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: