horns and mouthpieces for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Gaunt on February 07, 2004 at 22:29:56:

Hi all!

Time to clear out some of my extra toys...

Tubas:

older rudy meinl 3/4 cc 5 rotary valve has some laquer wear, and a few dings (none major or that affect how the horn plays) - valves have just ben re-done and are super smooth and tight with miniball linkages - valves are also vented for easy slide pulling - previous owner added a pull ring for the 3rd valve slide (i have not found any need for it) and amado water keys on the 3rd and 4th valve tubing for easy drainage - also has adjustable thumb ring - plays great and has really good intonation (is a bit moutpiece sensitive)

meinl weston 32 4/4 5 rotary valve cc is in pratically new shape - bell had some dents that the previous owner had rolled out at dillons - valves are in great shape with double uni-ball linkages and feel great (feel barely broken in) - horn has exceptional pitch - leadpipe is nickel silver - all valve slides are easy to reach with right hand, although i have found i only move the first valve slide a little bit

Mouthpieces:

Laskey 30F
Dillon M1CB (Bronze)
Dillon H3 L shank
Houser MG (heavy WD-24 copy on orfeo deck style blank)
Mike Finn 1
Monette 94
Monette 94F
Rudolf Meinl M 10
Rudolf Meinl RM 1
Rudolf Meinl RM 1. (dot)
Rudolf Meinl M 21
Hirsbrunner B Tilz-NEA M1
Perantucci PT 88

most are in excellent condition - many have only been used for less than 10 hours...

Please feel free to email for pics, etc.

Thanks
Matthew "who can't keep switching back and forth from rotars to pistons and between so many mouthpieces so needs to get this stuff out of reach!" Gaunt

Follow Ups: