Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mjg on February 20, 2004 at 14:14:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Rick Denney on February 20, 2004 at 13:44:58:

If you send an email to any of the folks at Dillon's, that is close to the automated response you will receive.

Rightfully so.

I have always follwed the idea of following up any email that goes without response with a phone call. The urgency of the situation dictates the amount of time that will lapse between the two.

In places I have worked, if it is urgent enough, the phone call goes first then the email with the details to follow.

Being in my second semester of MBA work, it intrigues me that almost every class touches upon email as a form of communication, both good and bad. When the medium gets fully broken down, it seems to be far less effective than a phone call which is far less effective than a face to face meeting.

While email allows us to communicate far distances for free or next to it, we have to pay the price for doing so. The phone call costs a little more, and the face to face more than that. When we really think about it, the costs associtaed are probably recouped with the level of service we receive. Plus, it will make the secondary forms of communication more effective from that point forward.

Matt

Follow Ups: