Re: Re: band rehearsal every day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Whitney on February 27, 2004 at 00:51:47:

In Reply to: Re: band rehearsal every day posted by Jacob Morgan on February 24, 2004 at 23:26:40:

That sounds very similar to how it is here at my school. We don't have the afterschool practice, though. From the view of a tuba it can get really boring to practice the same songs that were easy a month ago, but for some of the other insurments that accually have an interesting part, they need the practice. I also agree with how upseting it can be when there are really bad people in band. We have a few people who are ok, they don't try too hard but they play their parts. Most of the 12 people in the band are really good, half of us have gone to honor band, and/or all-state. But our second tuba player (like we need two, I did just fine on my own) doesn't try at all, he can't play in the right pitch--if he plays at all. I've tryed helping him and it's usually like: play that note...higher...too high...lower...ooo, that was bad...maybe you should play it up an octive. Oops, now I'm ranting. (I also do the fingerings for some songs with my left hand while we're playing so he knows what they are) All-in-all, I just wanted to say that I completly understand.
--Whitney

Follow Ups: