Re: band rehearsal every day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob Morgan on February 24, 2004 at 23:26:40:

In Reply to: band rehearsal every day posted by ken k on February 24, 2004 at 19:25:14:

Well, When you say practice everday, I sasume u mean during school hrs, not afterschool rehearsels..

We have band everyday of school, along with 1 afterschool rehearsel a week.

We are currently working on, 3 pieces for concert contest. And to be blunt I am to the point of extreme boredom. I could play the pieces since we passed them out. Sure you can always improve on crescendos, and other dynamics which I do... you still find yourself bored, to the point you wouldn't mind taking that euphonium's part who can't even attempt to blow his nose in the euphonium and play it. Since its a more interesting line.

The thing that lately has been buggin me, is how BAD people are in band. We've had music for months, and they are stil people who dont' know the fingerings/rythms let alone their part.. 2nd/3rd trumpets, lower clarinets, lower flutes, euphoniums, bass/contra clarinets, and others.. It is just sad. When called on to play it by themselves, its just sad. They start out.. get to a run say going up.. and end bout 25 octaves above where its suppost to then randomly come back down.. O ya and LAUGH ABOUT IT!.. like that makes it ok.

Just makes me so mad, i've seen all the parts, minus maybe the flutes.. and its not hard... one of the runs on euphonium in which they can't even play goes up to a *high* F, one octave above the one in the staff.. in which they can't even commence to hit.

Sorry for the rant, i've already ranted once on "the band's forums" (a joke in itself...) and ofcourse every1 agreed, but it hasnt' changed a thing.

One reason this makes me so mad, is their excuse. These are the same people who NEVER have tried in band, and always had excuse. Except this year with out director passing away over the summer, they now have a excuse nooone will question. Which to me is just wrong to use him as a excuse, or as just -another- excuse why u can't practice.. If anything it HAS made me practice more to set out to be the best. But hey thats me....

Ok im done..

Jacob"who is not fustrated with the lack of talent, but the lack of effort"Morgan

Follow Ups: