Re: Pavarotti Tour-2004

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tony on February 28, 2004 at 12:24:18:

In Reply to: Pavarotti Tour-2004 posted by Chuck Jackson on February 28, 2004 at 01:46:47:

I played a gala concert about a year ago here in NC with big P. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. The conductor spoke very softly, unclear and in Italian. The back row heard nothing that he said the entire time. Fine by me. Whan the big guy finally showed up, all he did was complain. Fist about his female counterpart. Then about the orchestra pitch(he wanted us to play at A=438, but did not tell us beforehand, and was very rude about it...threatening to cancel the concert when the pitch would creep back up to where we were used to playing). This didn't affect me, I hardly played. Big P walked out of rehearsal two times, and threatened to cancel the concert three times, all for silly reasons. I almost wanted him to cancel the show, as I would still have been paid, and it would have been hilarious to see what the 13,000 pople coming to the show would ahve thought about it, or the reason why he canceled( a hum in his earpiece during the dress rehearsal, that none of the sound people could hear or detect.)

The best thing, besides all the rudeness and abuse, was he gave each orchestra member 4 tickets, valued at about $800. Oh, and the soprano...he freaked her out so bad by being rude to her, that she got sick, and a stand in...Anallisa Raspagliosi, upstaged him by singing her arse off without any rehearsal. She was amazing.

It would be great to hear the srories about this concert after he graces you with his presence.

Follow Ups: