Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anonymous, this time on January 31, 2000 at 01:14:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by Dave on January 24, 2000 at 17:00:02:

"Liberals", in my view, are those who want to deprive INDIVIDUALS (who, by the way, have only ONE life to live) of the freedom to have the opportunity and gratification of ACHIEVEMENT, whether it be in the pride of having worked themselves weary for the money to buy a much finer tuba than the State (THE "not-particularly-interested-or-knowledgable-of-anyone's-individual-needs-or-desires" MASSES) would be interested in providing, or whether it be in the determination to perform on that tuba, once obtained, to the very best of one's ability (ie: "Sorry, that's as much time [$cholarship] as the State will allot for you to learn how to play the tuba.).

I think that Liberalism, in general, is extremely heartless, cruel, and meanspirited, in that it attempts to deprive individuals of the opportunity of trying and be all they can be by attempting to teach individuals that they canNOT...without the assistance of the State. "It takes a village"... OF INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE ALL DOING AS MUCH AS THEY CAN FOR THEMSELVES, THEIR FAMILIES, AND OTHERS THROUGH THEIR PRIVATE EFFORTS to form an excellent and free society.

I am far more proud of the PRIVATE education that I am providing for my young adult offspring than the taxpayer and athletic department provided one that I received. In fact, I am so embarrassed by the quality of the institution from which I graduated (a major state university) that I am not mentioning the name of that institution nor MY name on this particular post. Almost ALL THINGS that people do for THEMSELVES are better than things done by OTHERS in their behalf, particularly if done by others due to force of TYRANNY.

You Liberals are very smart and very compassionate people, but I encourage you to use your great minds to think a little beyond what the pop culture, some of your school teachers, and what the television tells you to think, and also to consider the compassion (based one the "one lifetime per person" concept) of the FREEDOM to PURSUE happiness, rather than State definitions of happiness or worse yet, equally-divided misery (the most perverted Liberal egaliterian concept of all). Liberals, have the courage to consider that what you have been told over and over may not be quite correct nor moral, and have the courage to consider freedom.

Follow Ups: