Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on January 24, 2000 at 17:00:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by Sage One on January 24, 2000 at 16:09:33:

I'm still trying to figure out how taxpayers pay for instruments in a college inventory. I think that's why thousands of students pay ever-increasing tuition: to support the expanding services offered by various curricula within an institution. I know that a considerable portion of my tuition went to support our incredibly visible athletic department, yet I recorded not one first down in my four+ years. Portions of my tuition went to pay for the clay an "ambitious" art student shaped into a phallic symbol draped with holly and wax shavings. Portions of it went to pay for beakers, law periodicals, multimedia equipment, etc. etc. Portions of it even went to pay for cadavers medical students practice on. It will be those same medical students you and I will trust our lives with in the future. Should we count you out on THAT "donation" as well?

I don't think you, Sage, help put a rental horn in the lap of any aspiring, hardworking student. And if, bychance, you did, you should sleep easy at night with a smile on your face knowing that maybe you affected positively the life of someone outside of your apparently small scope.

I could jump into an equally vociferous missive concerning the Social Security I'm currently paying out hand over fist each year to help YOU when you need it, knowing full well it won't be there for me. But I don't. Call my apparent lack of concern what you will (the over-used term "liberal" comes to mind when describing someone who cares about someone other than himself). My life's just too short to be so bitter (or for stupid labels, for that matter).

Anyways, UCF is a decent music school, and Mike Roylance (the tuba instructor and a good friend of mine) is a stand-up guy. I hope things work out for you. I'm pretty tight with the tuba scene in Orlando. If you need any help with a horn, I'll see what I can do (that is, of course, if Sage approves of a little charity).

Follow Ups: