Re: RU (blues) there?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on January 10, 2001 at 11:12:13:

In Reply to: RU (blues) there? posted by Ian Easton on January 09, 2001 at 22:53:17:

I have an Altieri euphonium bag that was custom fit for one of my double bell euphoniums. They were great to deal with and the bag is very well made. I also have a Reunion Blues bag for one of my tubas. Both bags are cordura. The padding in the Reunion Blues bag seems thicker and sturdier. I think that the Reunion Blues bag provides a little more protection.

I think that you are correct about the web site for Reunion Blues. This is really a "channel conflict" issue. Reunion Blues sells primarily through dealers and therefore isn't set up to effectively handle direct sales. This isn't because they don't care about customers, but because they don't want to be perceived as taking business from the dealers with whom they work. Unfortunately this is an outdated perspective on marketing. Progressive companies recognize the importance of selling through the channel that each customer is most comfortable with, not forcing them to a preferred channel.

Follow Ups: