Re: Just wondering...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry on January 14, 2001 at 12:30:41:

In Reply to: Just wondering... posted by Carl L on January 14, 2001 at 10:08:33:

I wish I could start practicing at 6 AM but it is to cold to play in my garage and the rest of the family doesn't appreciate being woken up with the sound of tuba music, go figure. My practice time usually starts around noon on weekends and on weekdays it will be starting after 3 PM as I start student teaching soon. Most of the time I begin with my warmups and move to scales and than I hit the etudes. After that I take a break, come back to the horn and try some solos. If I am not working on any solos on my CC, I will than warmup my Eb with scales. I try to play the same etudes on the Eb as I do on the CC. Than I start to work on one of the many solos that I am working on with my Eb. I also like to keep a mouthpiece in the car to buzz while I drive. Sometimes I will take a song and sing it, buzz it and play it in two different octaves. I usually get around four hours a day in. I also like to take a day where I don't look at the horns. This is usually on a Saturday or Sunday. I have found that this really helps my sanity and I am usually very refreshed the next day.
For a long time I was the guy in the music building that helped close the place at 1 AM and help open it at 8 AM. The lack of sleep and spending all day in one building did not help me mentally or physically. So I try to practice at home now and I am doing much better.
Hope my rambling helps
Henry

Follow Ups: