Re: Just wondering...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heather on January 15, 2001 at 00:26:34:

In Reply to: Just wondering... posted by Carl L on January 14, 2001 at 10:08:33:

Hi everyone. For some reason, my best time to practice is from 10pm to 2am. The custodial staff at the music building is amused by my practice habits and they enjoy the company at odd hours. I've been known to sleep in my gig bag and wake up every couple hours to practice. I do basics during the day on my CC and warm-up whatever horns I need for rehearsal. Then at night I spend 2-3 hours on excerpts and the other 1-2 hours on solo work. I make sure to switch between both horns since in auditions and recital situations I have to. I do at least 30 minutes of low etude work, Snedecor, Rochut down 2 octaves and sight read other etudes down the octave before I begin work on excerpts. This gets the air moving and helps me lock in on the sound I want. I like to practice large blocks at a time, an hour, then five minute break, then back to the horn. I've tried practicing early morning, but I can't get the sound I want and I'd rather be sleeping.

Follow Ups: