Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OK, enough jawin' and worryin'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 17, 2001 at 11:46:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OK, enough jawin' and worryin' posted by Joe S. on January 15, 2001 at 20:08:59:

Now that I've gotten over my deep depression, something is bugging me about what you said.

You mentioned that you will not be using the same configuration for the fourth-valve loop.

That seems a pity. It's one of the best features of the horn, and that's not just my opinion. Chris Hall wanted me to take pictures of mine because he is considering a similar arrangement on a horn of his. I've never played a fourth valve on any horn that had the magic sound this one has. I know the fourth-valve branch was damaged on yours, but is there a way to save it?

Last night, at rehearsal, I was Only Tuba for about an hour. We played the some lovely hymn-like English music (RVW and Grainger), and the sound that kept bouncing back to me in the band room was like nothing I've ever heard coming from me. A deeply satisfying experience. Then the other guy showed up, and we resumed our intonation battles, with him on a stencilled mid-80's B&S CC.

Rick "can't wait to hear it in a real concert hall" Denney

Follow Ups: