Re: New 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Tuba on January 17, 2002 at 00:50:53:

In Reply to: New 56J posted by Steve Dedman on January 16, 2002 at 00:11:27:

Steve,

Your "Afternoon at Brook Mays" really caught my. Matt at Dillon Music had been encouraging me to try the new King 2341. I was certain the horn was worth the trial, so I went ahead with shipping to Seattle. I read your comments while I was waiting for the whole Holiday shipping thing to crawl along. Your enthusiastic report only made the wait seem longer!

Like you, I've been spending every spare minute that I can to enjoy my new friend, who I promptly named "Stumpy". Also like you, I'm tremendously happy with my new instrument. In the interest of brevity, I'll simply second your review of the King 2341. In this transaction, I traded in my Yamaha 641. What a difference. This new horn from King is a real gift for us BBb guys.

By the way, I'm currently playing with the Roger Bobo Symphonic mouthpiece. What did you use when you were at Brook Mays?

I only recently discovered the Tubenet (amazing, yet true), and this is my first post. Just wanted to let you know I appreciated your review, and understand your excitement. Good luck with your new horn.

Follow Ups: