Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking to buy MW2155

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 18, 2002 at 09:16:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking to buy MW2155 posted by Jay Bertolet on January 17, 2002 at 19:28:08:

You are right that he didn't say it, but he did imply it strongly enough so that I'm not really sure what other interpretation would be possible. I'm not begrudging him that opinion, I'm just saying that your advice, stated again in your post to me, is quite different advice that was implied by what Jeff said, and I wondered why you used that advice as the basis for agreeing with him. Put it another way, my paraphrase of your post was like this, "Jeff, you are right in your implication that 2155's are junk that, like St. Petersburgs, are beneath consideration. Here's my advice: Consider everything." It was this contradiction that I'm sure you did not intend, and perhaps it is entirely in my own head.

I've never done a survey of pro tuba players, but the buzz on this forum has never indicated to me that 2155's were either rare or specially disliked, as were, say, Kalisons (you Kalison guys--don't respond--you know what I mean). I suppose I've gotten the wrong impression.

Rick "in search of clarity" Denney

Follow Ups: