Re: Re: orchestra players in marching band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fred on January 30, 2002 at 22:34:43:

In Reply to: Re: orchestra players in marching band posted by Sigh... on January 30, 2002 at 16:17:54:

I'm going to go to college and major in accounting. I plan to be an accountant all my life in a small town in central Kansas. I'll never in my life have to know why Shakespeare wrote aobut some dude named Hamlet over in Denmark. But guess what? I had to learn it to graduate high school to go too college to become what i want to be. If someone wants to be in band in high school so they can have experience for college to become a professional, they've gotta take all the strings attached. If they cant learn to do this they should find a job better suited for their attitude, like flipping burgers at Wendy's.

*The kids are at least not unhappy because, unlike other bands, they do not do marching competitions or have to work up a "show".*
Translate: "We've just taught a few hundred teenagers that in life if you don't like something or think it's important, you can get away with substituting less work and effort and then it's okay to degrade others who actually try to do it right and end up more successful, simply because it's the easiest way out of a situation the director is too lazy to deal with."

Just my $.02
F

Follow Ups: