Re: Re: Military Band Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by cj on January 19, 2003 at 06:54:19:

In Reply to: Re: Military Band Question posted by Matt A on January 19, 2003 at 01:40:12:

After your second post: I think ALL of us would like to go to work each day and play in an Army Band. It is the Army part that wears on you. They can make it as difficult a day as the leadership of that command,(way above the band level) wants it to be, (in ways you cannot now fathom). Sometimes it is a dog and pony show for those higher up in hopes of a promotion, sometimes just, it seems, F'ing with you for no other reason than they CAN. The obsession with personal weight got to me. Every time I made a weight for a particular height, I still looked big, so the Army's answer was to make me shorter. Still it was the happiest time of my life. What that fellow said about going to Podunk and blowing the barn doors off a town is true. When it's good, it is great. When it is bad, it is horrible. The Army is run like the Army, the Air Force like a corporation, the Marines, like a religion. How bad do you want to play for a living? It will mean compromising common sense quite often. If you have doubts, it is not for you.

Follow Ups: