Re: York "Master" model BBb for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on July 19, 1999 at 22:00:12:

In Reply to: York "Master" model BBb for sale posted by Chris Hall on July 19, 1999 at 12:15:19:

Chris,
Did you get a chance to meet Oscar when you bought the tuba? What a great guy! Oscar was my first serious tuba teacher and helped me onto the right track very early on. That tuba you're selling is a wonderful instrument, I remember it well! I wish I had an extra $4K so I could pick it up. I liked his tuba so much that I got one just like it as my first tuba. Good luck selling that tuba, someone is going to get real lucky. By the way, you're right on the money about keeping it in BBb. I sold mine to someone who took it to Rob Rusk for conversion and when I ran into the guy at an audition a few years later, he let me play the finished product. I know Rob does great work but this tuba just didn't play the same at all. It had some really phenominal notes and some really bad ones which is completely unlike the original tuba. Anyhow, I felt bad for the guy because that procedure is such a dice roll and he obviously didn't get what he wanted. Hopefully, whoever buys yours will leave well enough alone...

Follow Ups: