Re: St Petersburg Horns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by marty on August 01, 1999 at 02:49:06:

In Reply to: St Petersburg Horns posted by Michael Silvani on July 26, 1999 at 13:36:55:

Well , here I go again.... I dont post much here on this bbs, but I always like reading the comments that most of the pros and amatuers post. I am strongly in the camp of people who really like there St. Pete. I have had mine going on two years and except for some minor problems with my plating,( and i really mean minor) the horn has performed well. I know its not a nirshll or a B&S, and yes I am aware that it is a BBd horn, but as I have said before, I strongly believe that the person playing the horn can make all the difference in the world. And I also subsribe to the notion that if you can only afford a three thousand dollar horn, then thats what you oughta buy! Play some different horns and pick the one that suits your needs, and budget. I am happy with my cheap little St. Petersburg, the audiences I perform in front of dont give a hoot what kind of tuba I am playing. They like what they hear, and that IS where the rubber meets the road boys! (and girls!)

Follow Ups: