Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: high schooler buying a tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on July 12, 2000 at 08:25:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: high schooler buying a tuba posted by A. Linoln on July 12, 2000 at 07:19:37:

OK fine, but you could also "tolerate" humor. Of course stereotypes are not accurate 100% of the time (nor 50% of the time), but the times that they ARE accurate are the ones that make us chuckle at ourselves. Tolerance cuts both ways. (PARTICULARLY with the leftist "Politically Correct" movement, which doesn't even "tolerate" free speech.) If you re-read the silly stuff that I wrote, you might discover that the comments were meant to be funny. We should laugh (at ourselves and each other good-naturedly - like I and the other counter-posters did), rather than "tip-toe" neurotically around one another.

You might consider using another pseudonym for "tolerance" too. A. Lincoln ordered the slaughter of citizens who wanted CONSTITUTIONAL freedom from tyranny. Further, he insulted an entire race of folks in something called the "Emancipation Proclamation" by suggesting that not ONLY were southerners not to have jurisdiction over themselves, but southerners were not to "even" ("even" being the operative word, here)have jurisdiction over their own ("sub")human (as A. Lincoln thought of them) property. (Of course, Lincoln did NOT take jurisdiction over human property away from northerners.) Again, this was a TRUE slap in the face to an entire race of people, because Lincoln did not make his Proclamation in the name of benevolence (or "tolerance"). Rather, he freed CERTAIN slaves ONLY in the geographically "troubled" region as an "insult" to members of A. Lincoln's OWN race in "troubled" region. This motivation is NEVER brought out (if even understood) in history books. It would be "nice" to think (as many seem to) that A. Lincoln sacrificed human lives to free enslaved people, but very unfortunately HIS mindset (Read his writings.) at the time was no different from many others regarding the (human and spiritual) value placed on the lives of slaves.

The mainstream media and leftist politicos do ENOUGH to make us feel uptight about ourselves and encourage warring (rather than chuckling) about our differences. I'm not changing MY behavior nor perspectives just because the newspapers, television, and leftist politicos want me to. Anyway (even after all of the diatribe above) "lighten up".

-Joe (son-of-two-"Yankees") Sellmansberger

Follow Ups: