Re: I seek the wisdom of the tuba tribunal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on July 17, 2000 at 03:03:42:

In Reply to: I seek the wisdom of the tuba tribunal posted by Joey Silva on July 13, 2000 at 01:41:29:

Joey,
I assume that you're not wanting to buy a brand new Nirschl or HB York copy, or you wouldn't have made such a posting. If that's true, why don't you give Baltimore Brass (Dave Fedderley) a call. He's real helpful, and I think he has one or two Rusk cut Holtons in his current fleet - not to mention a few big M.W.'s. I think Dillons in N.J. has a few used big bruisers lying about too. I also live in the San Franciso Bay Area, and can really empathise with your frustration. There are a number of guys in our area who have various kinds of horns one could go honk on. I'm not financially ready to make a move yet, so I don't bother people too much. But, I have learned a ton of stuff from this cool forum. Such as, I'm more confused about selecting a horn than ever. It's nice to have options. If you e-mail me privately, I'd be glad to make a couple of local suggestions. I've got oom-pah gigs coming up in October, and only have my B&H Eb at the moment! Anybody want to rent out a BAT for a few days (in my dreams!)?
Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: