Re: What's yours?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on July 08, 2001 at 20:47:50:

In Reply to: What's yours? posted by Favorite soundtracks on July 07, 2001 at 23:37:31:

I'm currently enjoying The Patriot by John Williams. The violin solo is gorgeous and the piccolo soli is also excellent. Among SOME of my other favorite scores are:

James Horner - The Rocketeer (nice horns and pic trumpets)

Jerry Goldsmith - Air Force One (opening theme), Star Trek - First Contact, ST Voyager - title theme, and, of course, ST The Motion Picture.

John Williams - All Star Wars
- All Indiana Jones movies
- Hook (original and Boston Pop's with Chester Schmitz tuba solo. He did this solo with a Yamaha 822F. I should also mention his recording of Jabba the Hut was done on his Yorkbrunner. And also The Reever's. I'm not sure which horn he was using for that one.)
- Saving Private Ryan
- Jaws 1 & 2. The original started it all for me. In 5th grade, I traded my lunch money of 50 cents for this worn out Jaws soundtrack record from another kid in class. I never saw the movie until 2 years later, but I listened to that record every day when I came home from school. I could imagine and visualize so much just from the music, it scared me more than when I finally saw the movie. Great stuff!
I could continue, but it would be a long night!

Ken

Follow Ups: