Re: York CC pictures...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on July 16, 2002 at 09:14:41:

In Reply to: York CC pictures... posted by Rick Denney on July 15, 2002 at 17:35:59:

Rick,
Thanks for posting the photos for all Tubenet users to enjoy. Mike had sent me the photos, but I have no web site yet.
The 4/4 here is also the detachable-bell model, but has the 3rd, main and 4th slides as pictured in the catalog page for the model 692 that Lew posted earlier. I'm wondering if Mike's horn was modified when it was rebuilt at some point. Still, it is a gorgeous horn - I think mine will get silver-plated, too.
I've now started a research project on the York 4/4 CC, and have tentatively located 10 or 11 owners of these instruments. If you have contact information for a 4/4 CC York owner, or any other information you'd like to share about the 4/4 CC Yorks, please feel free to e-mail me privately. All research will be handled in such a way as to respect the privacy of owners. My objective is to document all I can about the instrument's history, and share pertinent information with the York Research Site and the Shrine to Music Museum (and Rick, of course!). Any photos, serial numbers, stories, or other documentation is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee Stofer

Follow Ups: