Buescher Sousa For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chester on July 17, 2002 at 01:17:14:

I have an old Satin Silver Buescher sousa that im selling,I found it in the uniform room at my scool and all it needed was some valve stems and spit keys, and a new neck. It had a Conn 20K receiver put on it, to it takes a Conn neck and bits, which are included. It could use another Brace on the neck, but it woks just as it is. It has 26 inch bell, which is Gold Plated in the inside, and it looks fairly decent, but some if the plating has worn off. There are a few dings and scratches in it, but nothing major. I had the bell flair rolled out, and it looks great now. It isnt too tarnished, but most of it is around the valve cluster. The valves feel great, and all the slides pull, but it takes a bit of muscle. It plays rather nicely, but some of the notes are out of tune, like F in the staff, and C in the staff, and it can get kind of stuffy in the upper register. But once you clean it up, it should be a wonderful addition to any marching band or great for some dixieland gigs. No Case $900 or best offer. Buyer pays shipping. E mail me for pics, I should have them in my computer in about a week or so. Thanks!

Follow Ups: