Re: G 50 / CB 50 users

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on July 26, 2003 at 15:15:43:

In Reply to: G 50 / CB 50 users posted by Tom on July 26, 2003 at 13:41:51:

The convenience with this horn is that each valve (except #2) has two tuning slides, so that you can make the needed adjustments without having slides hanging out all over the place. The horn should come with 2 additional extenders for the fifth valve. The shorter one makes the 5th into the conversion valve, and the longer one makes it a true flat-whole step for CC use. The times I'm marching in the fall, I'll put the short slide on and practice the music with the right fingerings, and the horn responds very well as a BBb, IMHO.

HOwever, for just regular playing, while the horn is good as a BBb, it's PHENOMENAL as a CC. I'd suggest start practicing the CC fingerings now, so that when you try the horn you can actually try it in the manner it was designed for. I made the decision to switch to CC nearly a year before I got my Getzen, and by the time I tried it, I knew the CC fingerings, and it made the switch much easier.

Aside form the price (which is fairly high for a small CC horn), this is a superb instrument.

Doug

Follow Ups: