Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on June 11, 1999 at 14:33:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Dave on June 11, 1999 at 14:06:47:

"I think I'll go take a nap."

I was refering to the above posting when I complimented Jay on posting his followup to, what I saw as a cheap shot. I was in no way refering to your opinions expressed earlier, which contained thought out explanations.

I am not sure who you are attempting to represent, but everyone here has an equal voice, until they choose to prove, through their words, that they should be listened to more intently or thusly ignored more intently.

The Internet is the great equalizer and in fact, the VAST majority of people who contribute to and follow this forum have never met each other or even heard samples of each others professional or non-professional efforts. No ones opinion here gained any respect because of their name. Some people are more listened to than others because they have expressed opinions in the past which seem to make sense. There are a few others who have expressed opinions which go counter to some others beliefs and they may not be listened to as attentivelly.

Something else which needs to be picked up on is the lack of speech inflection and body language in the written word. Words themselves in conversations are only about 30-40% of the actual conversation. Inflections account for a majority of the communications. That is lacking here. Now, of course, the words "Ass-kissing" don't require much interpretation through face to face conversation. Those types of intentions are much more cut and dried.

Just because someone on your list of "gods" happens to disagree with someone of your "countless others" class you feel you represent, doesn't mean that the "countless others" have been attacked in any way. I have had people, several times, disagree with some of my opinions and I have learned from that. I either take the opinion and try to understand why that person stands where they do OR I alter my own opinion based on new information. I never totally disregard someone else's opinion as inferior. We all base our outlooks on different experiences.

I thought Jay, and it could have been anyone, handled your unfair reply with dignity in about as mature and controlled fashion as could have been used. My comment on him being "always the professional" has 0 to do with an audition he won several years ago and 100% to do with his maturity in handling the comments.

BTW, I prefer not to think of myself as a Big Brother type. I am always watching the BBS to ensure it runs smoothly. Who defines "smoothly". Well, I do. This website is supported through my own efforts. I net no profits from it and probably spend waaaay too much time monitoring it. Why do I do it? Because I benefit from postings from everyone who has something to say. Sometimes I disagree with other's opinions and say something, like now. Other times I disagree, but choose to keep quiet because I am not that interested.

If someone on here agrees with more of my opinions than they disagree with then I take that as it comes. Trust me when I say, that this is an open forum.

sean

Follow Ups: