Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on June 11, 1999 at 14:06:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: orchestral recordings posted by Sean Chisham on June 11, 1999 at 13:28:00:

I guess one is not professional unless his name happens to be Sean, Jay, Carl, Joe, Marty or any other name that happens to rhyme with a current professional job holder. Why do you think people type under assumed names? Because if they happen to not possess one of the pre-ordained names of merit on this BBS, no one listens to them. Very few people bash the "name withheld" post because they're afraid of who might be behind it. If he penned the message with Sal Thompson from Spokane, he might as well have slit his own throat. Unless your name happens to be one of the previous mentioned, you must be a hack with delusions of grandeur, practicing out of your Rubank Vol.1 and locking yourself in your room shining those medals you won back in high school thinking that your last solo "superior with distinction" medal is your ace in the hole.

Ass-kissing, name-dropping and favoritism runs rampant on this BBS. It's really something I would associate with trumpet or oboe players. Not tuba players. Why do I even continue to visit, you ask? Because it intrigues me and I find the majority of the posts helpful. I also feel I have the experience to contribute and the humility to learn.

If I can't express something I truly feel passionate about (which was the intent of my first post in this thread) without being told in so many words I was essentially putting the cart before the horse, then this is an unfriendly environment and warrants consideration on my part if it is really worthwhile to participate, not to mention the countless others who have mustered up the courage to post amongst the "giants" only to be told they were naive and full of crap. If some of us would crawl out of bed together and offer everyone an equal voice without asking what job they currently hold then this could truly be a constructive venue. Until then, I'm afraid us lesser known will be subject to further gang assaults. Maybe it's time to assume a new name, but then agian, big brother is watching, isn't he, Sean?

Dave Tucker
holtonyork(AT)msn.com

Follow Ups: