Re: Re: Re: PRACTICE!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob on June 30, 1999 at 17:00:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: PRACTICE!!! posted by Sean Chisham on June 30, 1999 at 09:30:56:

I really think this stupid, determining by hours how much one can accomplish, or how successful they will be, you know some kid in 6th grade band is probably reading this thinking that unless the 3 hours are squeezed every day then they'll never be anything, of course I know this thread wasn't aimed at 6th graders, but to say that no less than 3 hours a day is ridiculuous....and only if you practice 4.5 hours a day will you accel in your playing....nope, just plain old 4 hours won't cut it, must be 4.5....where does the extra half hour come from? give me a break.
Every single time somebody on this thread asks what's a good horn atleast 4 or 5 people give the same old speech "whatever is best for you", "everybody is different" and it holds true for playing too. There are TONS of creative ways to practice which don't require you to put in 4.5 hours a day. but if i get my calculator out and start computing my body weight, calorie intake, horn I play on, use of air, and what mouthpiece i use, I could probably get the exact amount of time i need to practice daily down to the second.

Follow Ups: