Perantucci vs Schilke mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stewart on June 01, 2000 at 22:49:59:

For the last 4 and bit years I have been playing a Schilke 69C4 mouthpiece on a Besson Soverign BBb. I found the mouthpiece to be very comfortable and I was very happy with the sound. A mate of mind recommended I try Perantucci mouthpieces.
After reading alot about them through a lot of discussions on Tubenet I decided I should try them. I've spent the last 3-4 months trying find a place in Melbourne Australia that have Perantucci mouthpieces. Finally I found a place on the internet and I sent him a message. After getting their details and play phone tag a couple of times I had 2 mouthpieces sent to me to try out, PT-50 and PT-88.
When I opened up the boxes I couldn't believe how much bigger they were to 69C4 but I decided to give them a go.
I chopped and changed between them but decided to go with the PT-88.
I found that I've had to work harder to support the sound but it is so much easier to play both in the upper and lower register.The sound I now getting is just unbelievable, I'm rapped. I still have a long way to conquering the mouthpiece but with a lot of hard work I know that it will be worth it.

If you are looking for a Perantucci mouthpiece in Melbourne you can contact
Erol Boyunegmez at TubiaMania Melbourne on 0418 440 887 or email: melbourne(AT)tubamania.com.au and tell him that Stewart from the Salvos sent you.

Follow Ups: