Re: Perantucci vs Schilke mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 01, 2000 at 23:55:43:

In Reply to: Perantucci vs Schilke mouthpieces posted by Stewart on June 01, 2000 at 22:49:59:

"a long way to conquering the mouthpiece"... Perhaps you and I are at different stages of our careers (??), but I do not look for mouthpieces to "conquer". I step skeptically up to a new mouthpiece to see if it HELPS ME to "conquer" the techniques that I need to play music on my tuba!

I am not trying to boot your observations out the window... just suggesting that you continue your oddysey. Almost ANYtime one moves suddenly from something small to ANYthing BIG, BIG feels GREAT - for awhile, and then (unless the choice was truly the correct one) tedious. You are indeed moving from quite small to quite large. Without observing you in person, a guess would be that you might have fallen into this syndrome.

Some know that I play a C4 hybrid on my F tuba. I am not prejudiced towards the C4 for you, by any means. I am just letting you know that many who I have known have initially reacted very positively to just such mouthpieces changes, and later realized the errors of their initial evaluations.

Follow Ups: