Re: No college?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on June 07, 2000 at 11:17:51:

In Reply to: No college? posted by Pete on June 07, 2000 at 06:43:58:

Aside from what has already been mentioned, I would like to add a couple things.

I agree with Daryl and all of his points. If I were to do it all over again, I'd still go to college and maybe work a bit harder while there. You will most definatly perform MUCH more in college. You will be in pressure situations that will help you learn how to adapt to certain situations... and you won't even lose a gig because of it if it turns sour once in a while. You'll be performing with people that want and love to perform. I still love to perform, but far too many of my peers are just putting bread on the table.

You also have your political reasons to study at school. Your teacher will know other teachers and performers. You'll get to meet these people, hear them, perform for and with them. When you go for an audition, you need to have recognizable names on your resume'. People want to know who they are going to be working with. If I know player X is a good guy and player Y is someone I don't have a clue about, all other things being equal I'm going to hire player X.

I could go on... I'll let someone else get in thier opinion. I'd like to hear something from the othr side of the fence that'll make me think a bit. Anyone?

Follow Ups: