Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alexander F Tuba For Sale!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jobey on June 25, 2000 at 03:33:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alexander F Tuba For Sale!! posted by Anon E Mous Tuba on June 25, 2000 at 00:27:02:

I believe what Mr. Moore is saying is that since he was able to match "his" Alex sound with this Hirsbrunner (must be a great Hirsbrunner!), he opted for the new horn for ease of playing. Alex's are not quite a "bear to play," in fact the intonation and response on this horn are QUITE GOOD. The new piston valved F tubas typically have a low register that plays more like that of a CC tuba. If you have EVER played ANY German rotor valve F, you will notice that the low register is considerably more difficult to deal with than your CC tuba...especially at first! If you try to force it at all, the air seems to blow right back into your lungs. This is simply a fact of life...you must relax even more to play low on an F tuba. If you would like to continue debating this issue, please e-mail me privately. I can go on for days with this issue. I believe most of the people who frequently check out Sean's site know these facts and would rather spend their time learning something new about our instrument.

Follow Ups: