Re: How you got your first tuba (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James McNeil on June 19, 2001 at 11:18:37:

In Reply to: How you got your first tuba (long) posted by IG on June 19, 2001 at 01:08:59:

I wish my story was as good as yours, I think it isnt, but I think I'll post it anyways.
My private teacher brought to my attention that I should get a tuba if I hoped to get a scholarship, he said it would still take practice, but a horn of my own, preferably in CC would make it easier to get in to a university. I pestered my mom (sorta) about how much I needed a horn (probably too much). Eventually she gave in, and ordered a Miraphone 186(after much shopping around),the best birthday present I ever got. Unfortunalty, due to under-estimates on the speed of ground delivery across the country, the tuba didn't come in the month we estimated (on my birthday) rather, in 3 days. I played that tuba untill my lips were ready to fall off, I still have that horn (maybe because I got it about a month ago) and still play it most of my free time. What a great thing. Unfortunatly, my mom said, after buying the $5,300 tuba, that I have to pay for college on my own, but oh well, maybe after a little bit of pestering, she'll pay for that too!

Follow Ups: