Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Results from Womens Brass Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heather on June 24, 2003 at 23:07:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Results from Womens Brass Conference posted by Kevin on June 24, 2003 at 21:22:23:

The competition was all held behind a screen, and both men and women were judges. I don't feel that there was any advantage that it was a Women's Brass Conference. The competition was only the first two days, before the actual start of the conference, and it is the conference to which I am referring that I felt welcomed. Whether it was Women's or not, it was a great vibe, one I don't find at ITEC's, possibly because at ITEC women are a VERY small minority and here we were the majority. I think ITEC"S are great, I think IWBC is great, I just don't want people to think women won because we're women, and don't write off the aims of the conference because its a women's brass conference. I'm all for you starting a Men's Brass Conference with your aim being to promote and educate and inspire men brass players, women would still attend your conference, like men attend the IWBC. Equality is great, just don't assume there was special treatment on any terms. Its rare I post, but I feel strongly that the aims of the IWBC are valid and I see this as a chance to educate others as to what the mission really is.

Heather Noyes

Follow Ups: