Re: Re: Re: Re: what about getzen tubas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on March 04, 1999 at 13:51:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: what about getzen tubas? posted by Brian Frederiksen on March 04, 1999 at 11:30:03:

Some people do see the ability to post anonymously as a shortcoming, but I actually see it as a strength. Even I, on a couple of occasions, have posted anonymously here. I prefer people use their real names and e-mail addresses, but don't generally attempt to police this matter unless someone is being unrully. The person posting about David Fedderly's business practices is making a statement which is contraversial, but possibly based in personal experiences that person has had. I wish they had instead posted in a more constructive manner with less mud slinging.

When I have dealt with Dave Fedderly, I have never had any real problems. He seems like a straight shooter and has very competitive pricing. I will always consider his Baltimore Brass company in recommendations.

Regarding the "intonation" problems of the G-50. I am yet to meet or communicate with anyone who have had any problems with the G-50. Not everyone likes the instrument, but that is attributed to personal tastes. I, personally, like the G-50 very much and have never played on a dud. They seem like consistantly well built and playing instruments.

Even if I did want to enforce real names and e-mail addresses here, the logistics would be a nightmare and terribly disrupt the use of this service. I would either have to approve each posting somehow or require identification through some type of membership authentication. Neither of these options hold appeal. The option mentioned of pulling posts which aren't signed with realworld names would only cause harm to the good guys.

In the computer security world, the most common mistake is to implement policies which do an excellent job of blocking out the good guys and only cause the bad guys to alter their tactics slightly. Any further policing done here would probably cause that same scenario to play out.

I am always evolving my approach and methods of monitoring this forum, mainly because I enjoy many of the ideas being shared. If the flow of ideas begins to become hampered severely by the format of the forum, then I will again attempt to alter the ways things function.

sean

Follow Ups: