Re: Re: Re: Disappointed Miraphone player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeremy on March 16, 1999 at 01:10:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Disappointed Miraphone player posted by mirafone player on March 15, 1999 at 11:09:41:

A bad horn even with the right mouthpiece is still a bad horn. It's true that a mouthpiece can make a big difference on an instrument. HOWEVER, this is not a mouthpiece problem, a single horn issue, or operator error. I have tryed a c-3, c-4, rose, rose solo, marcinkowitz w-1, n-3, w-3, n-4, w-4, as well as a houser heavy wall, and several other bach and yamaha mouthpieces, all with the same pathetic outcome. The valves are properly aligned, and we have two of these horns. They both suck. Although everyone plays their instrument slightly differently; some of my collegues in other bands, who recieved instruments from the same batch, have had the same complaints. I have played some miraphones that were not so bad; but I have come across many low quality horns that were sold to proud band parents who don't know the difference, schools and other government agencys that don't always play each instrument before investing. This is not to say that miraphone is deliberatly passing bad horns. It is just a quality for price thing. A horn sold new for under 4,000 and mass produced isn't going to get the same individual care and craftsmanship as the proto-type. You get what you pay for. You might get lucky, and you might get unlucky like us.

Follow Ups: