Re: T.U.B.A. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on March 17, 1999 at 13:39:20:

In Reply to: T.U.B.A. ? posted by Bushrod on March 13, 1999 at 12:00:07:

Wow! Have you ever turned over a rock and found a scorpion? I'm actually very encouraged that people have such strongly held opinions about T.U.B.A. because it means, in a broad sense, that T.U.B.A. is being effective in stimulating growth and activity involving the tuba and euphonium. I'm hoping all this energy can be channeled into a productive end for the organization. Like it or not, T.U.B.A. is what we make of it. If you feel that a certain segment of the organization is benefitting more from the organization's efforts while other parts are suffering then stomp your feet and be heard! I've read some pretty compelling arguments on both sides of this discussion. But the REAL proof of the statements is in what people are willing to do in actions. If I do nothing about how T.U.B.A. does things, do I have justification to complain if I say nothing and continue to pay my dues? I personally have some problems with the way T.U.B.A. is run but I'm not doing anything about it. So I'm not going to sit here in my comfortable home and crucify those in charge. It is, simply, not a credible stance to take. I am involved in other volunteer organizations and I have learned that it is much easier to carp at the leadership of an organization than to become involved and try to instigate change. Anyone who makes such inflammatory accusations without the actions to back them up is, in my opinion, a whiner and complainer and should be ignored.

Follow Ups: