Re: Re: Re: Playing new CC at School

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian on March 12, 2002 at 20:33:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Playing new CC at School posted by PFFT on March 12, 2002 at 11:14:31:

Your logic dosen't make any sense. I didn't say that I didn't want the horn in class. I said that I didn't want a student negatively effecting my ensemble. The kid should learn the horn, then bring it to class. I don't let 6th graders in high school band either. My job depends on the sound of my ensemble, and my children rely on my job. I won't compromise it by putting out an inferior product. If I were to start letting the kids make all the decisions, I might as well hand in my keys. I know what I'm doing, I have college degrees, and a track record of success including numerous awards and several students involved in music at the college level. I am by far the greatest BD in the world. However, I am not some scrub who needs someone who obviously knows nothig about teaching, band directing, and maybe evern music to tell me how it's done.
Anyone lokking for an argument on this one should just go to bed, I'm right and I'm not responding anymore.
bd

Follow Ups: