Re: Re: Re: Intoxicated Tubists Declared Dangerous

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neal B. on March 24, 2002 at 16:12:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Intoxicated Tubists Declared Dangerous posted by tony on March 24, 2002 at 11:31:52:

Since when do the schools get to keep track of what kids do AWAY from school? The administrations and teachers complain about being baby-sitters, and yet they are now intruding on the kids' after hours conduct.

Kids and parents should be the ones concerned with what they do after hours. It isn't the schools responsibility (or right) to be checking up on the kids. If they don't show up to school intoxicated or get intoxicated at school, then the school should butt out.

I didn't do drugs in school, hell, I didn't take a drink until college, but I'll be damned if I let them strip away my right to privacy one step at a time. This isn't about "having nothing to hide," it is about keeping the little bit of privacy we have left these days. We're headed down a path that will be hard to turn off of before too long.

This topic applies to everyone... including tuba players... I believe it is relavent to any BBS.

Follow Ups: