Re: Re: Paper on an aspect of the tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MG on March 07, 2003 at 00:45:04:

In Reply to: Re: Paper on an aspect of the tuba posted by 8 - 10 pages? ... on March 06, 2003 at 21:49:56:

I don't think this is a completely fair assessment. From experience (and from things that teachers/professors have actually said to me), a well-written paper that actually supports it's thesis will get a good grade. I think that the problem here is not necessarily that the grader will be "bored" per se, but that they simply won't know enough about the tuba to even know if you are giving accurate information. In exchange for being willing to put aside their own biases in order to give your paper a fair grade for it's content, the trade off is usually that you are responsible for all background information unless otherwise stated. Unless the person who will be grading this is a brass player or an ensemble director, I would suggest tying this into some other subject. Just off the top of my head, if this happens to be a sociology class, BBb versus CC would be interesting to compare with PC vs. Mac, Coke vs. Pepsi, Finale vs. Sibelius, Chevy vs. Ford, etc., or any other common debate in our society. Just a thought.

Plus, those of us BBb players who use Sibelius on a Mac need a voice in this world!

Follow Ups: