Re: Re: A couple of euphonium questions.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Obvious on March 09, 2003 at 19:55:10:

In Reply to: Re: A couple of euphonium questions..... posted by Angry... on March 09, 2003 at 18:06:17:

Hi Angry...,

Let me guess. You're a euphonium performance major...or majoring in something else that brings you a lot of self doubt.

Rather than projecting the chips on your own shoulders on to others and getting "Angry...", why not realize what advice was offered:

- Be the best that ever was ( Isn't this basically what you told her to do?... I'm quoting you: Determination. That is what it takes Heather. Never let up. That is what it will take to shut these people up. And in the end you will be a lot happier knowing that you gave it your all. Good luck wherever you go, and happy practicing! ) and create your own job, like Rich Matteson did.
- Double on trombone and play both instruments better than just about anyone else to get an orchestral trombone job.
- Consider another major.

Other than 1/ above, there isn't much of any way to directly apply a euphonium performance major without being in a military band (ahem, the inquiry).

Show me anyone today that gets any sort of euphonium performance job, and I'll show you a virtuoso...so please don't tell Heather that for her the world will not only lower its standards (She wasn't requesting that the world do this.) but also create a special private sector job.

You might want to put that hot Cajun gun back into it's holster, Barney...or at least keep your bullet in your pocket.

Follow Ups: